<div class='adsense' style='text-align:center; padding: 0px 3px 0.5em 3px;'> </div> Rip my heart out - somewhere i have never traveled. . .

« Home | Suspicions » | Driving » | ‘Toi, tu ne mourras pas.’ » | Tanauan, Batangas » | Complaint » | A Lesson on Agency » | Ang Kanlóng Kong Puso » | Nasaan Na Ba Tayo? » | Friendster Stalker » | Vita Mea » 

Friday, November 04, 2005 

Rip my heart out

Ya no la quiero, es cierto, pero tal vez la quiero.
Es tan corto el amor, y es tan largo el olvido.

I knew when you said you never wanted to talk to me again, you meant it. And I gave you your distance. I understood completely; I had hurt you, and I admit it. I told myself that it was for the best, because you had hurt me too.

Our silence was my finality.

So I wondered why, after so long, I found myself uneasy when they talked to me about you. I did not say anything, of course, but my smile, I'm sure, gave me away. Why do you still persist in my memory?

Where are you?
What could you be doing?
Are you okay?

I told you before that, in spite of everything, I've managed to keep only good memories of you. Only you have taken care of me. That way. And I know it. I will be forever thankful for that kindness; sometimes, totally undeserved.

And so, on an oppressive evening such as this, half doubting whether it is really you, or just the idea of you, I have to admit certain things: that I do sometimes miss you. Still.

peeeeeeeej!!!!!!!!!!!

sorry sorry, gusto ko mag comment pero wag na lang. pang flurry ba to, or pang beer conversation? tsk.

btw, pardon my ignorance. but uhm, is the spanish quote neruda? i'm just trying to guess from context clues. quiero...corto...amor...olvido...

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Peej Bernardo
  • From Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
My Profile

SideBlog!

    EXPECT NOTHING
    Alice Walker
    Expect nothing. Live frugally
    On surprise.
    become a stranger
    To need of pity
    Or, if compassion be freely
    Given out
    Take only enough
    Stop short of urge to plead
    Then purge away the need.
    Wish for nothing larger
    Than your own small heart
    Or greater than a star;
    Tame wild disappointment
    With caress unmoved and cold
    Make of it a parka
    For your soul.
    Discover the reason why
    So tiny human midget
    Exists at all
    So scared unwise
    But expect nothing. Live frugally
    On surprise.
    WE ARE THE WORLD
    Harvard Law School LL.M. '12

Previous posts

My Pictures!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Peej Bernardo. Make your own badge here.

Estoy Leyendo!

ShoutOut!


Syndication!

Google Search!

    Google
    Web This site
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter
Powered by Blogger