<div class='adsense' style='text-align:center; padding: 0px 3px 0.5em 3px;'> </div> Suspicions - somewhere i have never traveled. . .

« Home | Driving » | ‘Toi, tu ne mourras pas.’ » | Tanauan, Batangas » | Complaint » | A Lesson on Agency » | Ang Kanlóng Kong Puso » | Nasaan Na Ba Tayo? » | Friendster Stalker » | Vita Mea » 

Thursday, November 03, 2005 

Suspicions

I have the suspicion that I sometimes take myself too seriously. I guess that's always been my temperament: I sometimes love to over-think things and situations, mainly because I fear failure, just as I fear being wrong. The ironic thing is that, notwithstanding all these insane mental precautions, I still end up burning in the end. Naturally, what am I left to do, but to perform a lengthy post-mortem, and brood? It's a vicious cycle.

I guess I just like being tragic (or dramatic, as some friends call it). Or maybe, better still: self-conscious. Or even self-absorbed. After all, it gives me something to write about! (Com'mon, admit it, it's much easier to write about pain, tragedy and failure than happiness and joy. . . . it's closer to the human condition, I think. And much more universal.) Misery loves company.

Or is it because I just like dwelling on the past too much? Or cannot learn to forgive myself?

I dunno. Just thinking out loud. (Told you I was a nutcase!)

finally! i can't believe you didn't tell me about this site earlier.

you think too much, peej. and that's fine really. we all do, but the danger lies in overanalyzing. diba?

well, it's here. . . . and so are my insane thoughts. Thanks for dropping by.

It's still a work in progress; I'm still tweaking the design.

And well, yeah, we all think too much. I guess it's self-preservation.

I enjoyed reading your entries. Hope you don't mind an unsolicited comment from a stranger half a world away.

Post a Comment

About me

  • I'm Peej Bernardo
  • From Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
My Profile

SideBlog!

    EXPECT NOTHING
    Alice Walker
    Expect nothing. Live frugally
    On surprise.
    become a stranger
    To need of pity
    Or, if compassion be freely
    Given out
    Take only enough
    Stop short of urge to plead
    Then purge away the need.
    Wish for nothing larger
    Than your own small heart
    Or greater than a star;
    Tame wild disappointment
    With caress unmoved and cold
    Make of it a parka
    For your soul.
    Discover the reason why
    So tiny human midget
    Exists at all
    So scared unwise
    But expect nothing. Live frugally
    On surprise.
    WE ARE THE WORLD
    Harvard Law School LL.M. '12

Previous posts

My Pictures!

    www.flickr.com
    This is a Flickr badge showing public photos and videos from Peej Bernardo. Make your own badge here.

Estoy Leyendo!

ShoutOut!


Syndication!

Google Search!

    Google
    Web This site
Free Web Counter
Free Hit Counter
Powered by Blogger